Trick or Treating in the Hudson Valley is the best! The cool night air, the costumes, the candy, what’s not to love about Halloween night? Before you and your little monsters head out to Trick or Treat here’s a few safety tips for kids and parents too!
TIPS FOR PARENTS –
- Keep your front walk and steps clear of tripping hazards
- Keep the front walk well lit
- Keep the family pets inside and away from all the activity
- 5:30-9:30 is prime Trick or Treat time, be on the look out for little one’s when driving
- Always have a parent or responsible adult check your candy haul before you eat anything
- Never enter a stranger’s home when Trick or Treating
- Always pay attention when crossing the street
- Always wear reflective tape on black costumes
- Glow sticks and flashlights should be carried at all times
There are alternatives to having your children wandering about in the dark begging candy from strangers:
- Take the kids Trunk or Treating
- Trick or Treat at the mall
- Throw your own Halloween party at home!
Stay safe this Halloween season Hudson Valley!