Let’s talk about movie making in the Hudson Valley. Governor Cuomo recently signed legislation extending tax credits for those making movies in certain counties in New York state, thus making filmmaking in the Hudson Valley very affordable. Affordability is only part of the picture, the Hudson Valley is home to Umbra, a huge soundstage in Newburgh, and there is a proposal to build a film studio in Kingston. We are also home to the Woodstock Film Festival, two wonderful independent theaters, and all the natural beauty anyone could ever want.
Even without the tax credit incentive, people have been flocking to the Hudson Valley to make movies and we would like to write their insurance! We can insure every aspect of movie making in the Hudson Valley. General liability, Property and Inland Marine, Crime and Fidelity, Bell Endorsements, and we even offer Risk Management. We won’t bore you with all the insurance-speak in this blog, we’ll let Dave Jr take care of that, he’s our expert in this field and you can reach him at our Walden office 845-7782141.
Before we end today’s blog we thought we should share some of our favorite movies that were filmed in the Hudson Valley & New York state:
- Cold In July (starring Michael C Hall and Sam Shepard, filmed in Kingston)
- Taking Woodstock (filming was done at Yasgur’s Farm!)
- Sisterhood of the Night (also filmed in Kingston)
- Regarding Henry (starring Harrison Ford & filmed in part in Millbrook)
- Super Troopers (filmed scenes in Poughkeepsie, Wappingers Falls, Beacon, and Briarcliff Manor)
#movieinsurance #makingmovies #HudsonValley #insurelocal #HudsonValleyAgents