The first day of college is rapidly approaching and many of the Hudson Valley’s graduates will be on their own in unknown towns and cities. There are tons of articles about preparing your teen for their first school year away from home but there is very little made of the fact that their parents will be coming home to what might be their first empty house in eighteen years.
Many different feelings surface when you and your spouse find yourselves alone for the first time in forever. You might be inclined to dance the happy dance or you might just close yourself in your child’s room and cry for a while. No matter what you end up doing just remember that these feelings are only temporary and that you will find a way through this. Remember these things
- You will have more free time than you ever imagined.
- You can text and email your kid(s), just don’t over do it.
- Your kid(s) will be home soon, and so will their laundry.
- You will no longer have to hide your chocolate stash.
- You’ll have more free time to indulge in your hobbies.
- If you don’t have a hobby, now’s the time to find one.
- You will finally have all of the alone time you and your spouse could ever want.
- Your home might remain clean much longer than it ever has before.
Having your kid(s) go away to college for the first time is not easy on any parent. There’s a quiet void that just does not feel natural but do not worry, sooner than you realize your home will be filled with your kid(s) and your kid’s friends and you will find yourself missing the quiet. Get yourself and your kid(s) ready for the college scene by making sure that their insurance needs are taken care of. Get in touch with Hudson Valley Agents and make sure that their car, phone, laptop, and other electronics are properly insured. HVA can help you and your college student navigate the confusing world of insurance and provide you with excellent insurance coverage too. Call us today.