How Do I Insure My Guns?

how do I insure my guns

At least once a week someone will contact us with questions about insuring their gun(s).  Sometimes the question refers to antique rifles and pistols and sometimes it refers to a client’s deer hunting rifle.  Insuring your gun is as simple as picking up the phone and contacting your local independent insurance agent, Hudson Valley Agents.

Most homeowners insurance policies cover your firearms but only to a certain amount and that could be anywhere from $1,000 to $2,500.  If the gun, or guns, in question are worth more than that then you have two options:

  • Increase your sub coverage
  • Schedule them as you would any jewelry or antique

Taking the time to speak to your insurance agent about your coverage is key when it comes to knowing what is covered and what is not.  Do not waste money on an insurance policy that does not fit your needs!  Hudson Valley Agents can ensure that your guns and your home have the proper amount of insurance coverage.  Call Dave Jr today for further information 845-778-2141.