Happy fourth of July Hudson Valley!
July 4th is one of our all-time favorite holidays. We enjoy celebrating the independent spirit of our country, and why wouldn’t we? Independence means freedom of choice and we’re an independent insurance agency!
Here’s some fun facts/trivia about this all American celebration:
- Congress authorized the use of fireworks displays to celebrate our new country’s independence on July 4, 1776.
- Both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson died on July 4, 1777.
- Calvin Coolidge is the only American president to be born on July 4.
- On June 28, 1786, the Common Council of New York decided that there would be no display of fireworks on the Fourth of July, the land was very dry and the risk of fire was high.
- Rumor has it that George Washington gave his troops a double ration of rum to celebrate on July 4, 1778.
Wondering where to watch fireworks in the Hudson Valley? Click here.
Most of us have spent the past couple of days listening to the pops and bangs of our neighbors setting off fireworks. Before you rush out and buy your own, please think about those who live near you.
Enjoy yourselves this fourth of July. Have a picnic, swim in your local creek, gather with friends and family to watch those gorgeous professional fireworks, and be safe.