We all become stressed around the holidays, there is just no way to avoid it. We all dream about that perfect holiday, you know the one where your home is meticulous, your decorations are perfect, the dinner is exquisite, and your children are well behaved and happy with all of their gifts. That dream never quite seems to become a reality does it? At one point you will notice that your dog has tracked something suspiciously stinky onto the living room carpet, your cat will knock down the tree, your stuffing will burn, and your kids will play with the boxes instead of the gifts you so thoughtfully picked out for them. The idea of a perfect holiday is nothing more than a fantasy so why do we get so stressed out?
When the holiday season rolls around we all become stressed over things, there just doesn’t seem to be a way to escape it. We stress about gaining weight, keeping on budget, choosing the perfect gift, holiday parties, decorating, and gift giving. What can we do to “insure” we have a stress-free holiday season?
- Take time for yourself. Even if you can only squeeze in ten minutes of alone time make sure you take it!
- Get some exercise. Take the stairs or purposely park far away from the grocery store or mall if you can’t make it to the gym.
- Limit holiday calories. Or just ignore them until January 2, 2016.
- Stop trying to please everyone. You are not all things to all people.
- Create a holiday budget and stick to it, this is easier said than done.
Hudson Valley Agents cannot “insure” that these tips will help you reduce your holiday stress, but we can insure all of your big ticket holiday gifts! The holidays are stressful enough without having to worry about your insurance, that’s why Hudson Valley Agents is the Hudson Valley’s best independent insurance agency! Remember that the deadline for open enrollment for health insurance is December 15th, call us today!