Thinking about Christmas is so much more fun than thinking about insurance and that is the reason we are sharing some Christmas trivia with you today.
- The written story of Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer was originally meant to be an advertising campaign for Montgomery Wards department store in 1939. Author Robert May penned the story for a free booklet to be given out to children as they shopped with their parents.
- A Christmas Carol in Prose, Being a Ghost-Story of Christmas, is the full name of the Charles Dickens novel, A Christmas Carol.
- Only female reindeer grow antlers.
- NORAD first started tracking Santa Claus on December 24, 1948.
- The Coca-Cola Company is responsible for how we picture Santa Claus.
- Eggbert (of the famous Devitt’s Nursery) was once an attraction at the World’s Fair.
- There is only one holiday celebration in the Hudson Valley starts on one side of the Hudson River (Kingston) and ends on a different side of the river (Rhinebeck) – Sinterklaas!
Share your holiday trivia knowledge with us in the comments section below. Happy holidays from all of us at Hudson Valley Agents! #triviatuesday #christmastrivia #insurelocal