The Covid-19 pandemic has brought many changes to the Hudson Valley’s small businesses, none of them good. Every dollar counts right now, and we want to help you save even more money. We know that you hear things like this all of the time from insurance commercials, but we aren’t trying to save you money by bundling your auto and home coverage. We are a small business just like you, and we know a thing or two about insurance.
Let’s look at a few of the things that could help your 2021 budget.
- Has your employee count changed? Have you had to furlough/downsize/fire anyone during the pandemic? We can review your current worker’s comp and disability coverage to ensure that you aren’t overpaying.
- Have you added things like outdoor heaters, tents, outdoor seating? All of these items should be added to your coverage. Doing this might slightly increase your rates, but you will be able to replace them if damaged.
- Have you give up your storefront and are operating solely from your home residence? Did you remember to cancel the policy covering your retail space? Did you call your agent to inquire how these changes impact your business insurance needs and the possible savings?
- Do you have a business partner? Do you both have Key Person Life Insurance policies? Yes, this is an expense, not savings, but hear us out. Can you afford to keep your business going if your partner passes away? This coverage ensures that the doors can stay open. You buy life insurance because you want your family to survive financially. You buy key person coverage because you want your business to survive financially.
But the most important thing that you should do to help with your business insurance costs is this- call your insurance agent.
Restaurants and Contractors are examples of businesses that can benefit from talking to an independent insurance agent. Here’s why. Their insurance rates are based on different things: sales, number of employees, square feet of space you are occupying. Or total annual payroll. If your sales have dropped or you are now working with a skeleton crew, call your agent and request a policy review. These reviews can bring you refunds and/or lower rates.
Hudson Valley Agents has 30 years of insurance knowledge and 24/7 phone service, all waiting to help your business stay in business. Call today for a free insurance review or a free quote 845-78-2141. You can also use our secure dedicated link http://business-insurance.link/ Shop local, hire local, and insure local!
October is Financial Planning Month, and we want you to know how important your insurance agent is to this plan.
Your insurance agent is a smart cookie, seriously, especially if they are an independent rather than a captive agent. Captive agents can only sell you the insurance policies that their company offers; State Farm and Geico are examples of captive agencies. Independent agents write policies with MANY different companies. That ensures that you have coverage that can be customized to fit your individual needs.
1- Life Insurance. This one is obvious. Planning for your family’s future MUST include Life Insurance. Want to make sure that your family can continue to thrive and survive after you are gone? Call us for a stressfree Life Insurance quote.
2- Homeowners Insurance – If you have a mortgage, you have to have Homeowners coverage, but when was the last time you had it checked out? Upgrades to the home change the cost of what it takes to rebuild it if your house becomes damaged. You may have updated your kitchen with a natural stone flooring, but your homeowner’s policy was written way back when you had linoleum, and that’s what they are going to pay to replace.
3- Renters Insurance. Your Landlord’s insurance does not cover your couch or your laptop. Renters Insurance is surprisingly inexpensive, and most companies will discount your car insurance if you purchase both policies. Total win/win and smart financial planning.
4- Disability Income Insurance. Should you become injured or ill and unable to return to work, this policy has your back.
For more ways your independent insurance agent can help you plan for your financial future, give us a call. 845-778-2141. Hudson Valley Agents has 30+ insurance companies to work with, 30 years in the business, and outstanding Google reviews! Find out what a difference an Independent Insurance Agent can make, call, click, or stop by and say Hi.
Our boss and his wife had a close call the other morning. They were driving to our office in Walden, the average morning commute with the addition of occasional thunderstorms. Route 208 into New Paltz was wet, and there were puddles scattered across the asphalt. As they drove their Mini Cooper over Perrine’s Bridge, there was a 12 wheel truck coming towards them on their side of the road; they had nowhere to go except into the Wallkill River. At the very last possible second, the driver gained control and was able to swerve his vehicle into the proper lane.
This particular incident had the potential to be horrific, thankfully the reality is a much happier tale. This scare made David and Lisa realize it was a great thing they had life insurance, but it might be time to re-evaluate their life insurance needs, and it is time that you did as well.
We all know just how quickly life can change, and we know just how unprepared we all were for it. Life insurance is one way of preparing for your family’s future. Life insurance is the comfort of knowing that your family can go on without you. It is for them, not for you.
We work with some of the best life insurance companies around. Prudential, MetLife, William Penn, and TransAmerican, to name a few. No need to come to the office, we can get you started with a phone call.
*** A note from our President, David J Bonne ***
“Many life insurance policies are interest-sensitive, and since interest rates are at or near zero, most insurance carriers are taking a bath on the portion of your life insurance premium that gets invested in fixed-rate securities. Due to this, many companies will likely be looking to raise the rates for some life insurance policies going forward, for the first time since I can remember.”
Dave can be reached at 845-778-2141 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Life Insurance doesn’t have to be scary, and we can make it easy.
People often ask us what makes us different from other insurance agencies, and that is a question that can be difficult to answer.
You see, every insurance agency is the same, but they are also quite different. Captive agencies like State Farm or GEICO can only offer you the insurance products that they carry. These companies have one or two different types of car insurance coverage, and they have little to no wiggle room when it comes to cost and coverage.
An independent insurance agency can provide you with insurance choices from a variety of different insurance companies. If one company is not a perfect insurance fit for you, we’ll move on to another. We have the freedom to shop around, thus ensuring that you have the policy you need at an appropriate price.
We know that insurance can be confusing; it is a legally binding contract between yourself and the insurance company. Hudson Valley Agents is the broker who acts on your behalf, the agency who ensures that the insurance company holds up their end of the bargain. We stand for truth, justice, and the American… wait, um, sorry, that’s Superman.
In our small way, we really are superheroes. Our sole purpose is to ensure that our clients can rebuild their lives and businesses after a catastrophe. Break free from those captive insurance agencies and enjoy the freedom that comes with having an independent insurance agent. #insurelocal #HudsonValleyInsurance #insurancesuperhero
Today we are talking about financial planning for your small business and the role that insurance should play in that plan.
If you own your own business, you already know how important it is to protect what you have worked so hard to build. Insurance is asset protection and too many owners overlook these key policies:
- Loss of business income coverage. This enables you to cover payroll and pay your bills if your business is unable to operate as usual.
- Employee benefits coverage. Coverage and benefits that help you hire and retain employees.
- Key Person Insurance. Is there one person who is so key to your business that without them the entire business would crash and burn? If you answered yes, then you need this coverage.
- Life insurance. This is a must for family-owned businesses. It can take the stress and financial strain off of grieving family members and ensures that the business can continue to function.
- Cybersecurity. Protect yourself and your clients from hackers and data breaches.
David, Philip, and Kathy are experts in ensuring that Hudson Valley small businesses have the tools they need to protect their livelyhood.
We are Hudson Valley Agents. A full-service independent insurance agency that believes in keeping things local.
#insurelocal #BOP #HudsonValley
October in Walden means colorful mums, pumpkins, scarecrows, and zombies……
#zombieinsurance #hudsonvalleyagents #insurelocal #waldenny #hudsonvalley
No one wants to talk to a life insurance agent. When a life insurance agent walks into a party, everyone pretends they aren’t there. Seriously, it is that bad. The very idea of purchasing life insurance strikes terror in the hearts of normally intelligent humans and we understand why, no one likes to think about dying. The truth is, we aren’t a big fan of the topic either.
Life insurance is actually more about life than it is about death. Yes, ensuring that funeral costs and medical bills aren’t a burden on your grieving family is a big part of the discussion, but it is not the only topic. Planning for your children’s college education, paying off the mortgage, and managing credit card debt is also part of the conversation. Having this difficult conversation now means that the long term financial goals you and your spouse set for your family remain a reality.
So let us address the image above and the reasons people are not buying life insurance:
1- Life insurance can be affordable at any age.
2- The terminology can be really confusing, that is the reason you need an insurance advocate, aka an independent insurance agent.
3 – We do the shopping for you. We have access to many different insurance companies and will find the coverage to fit your needs and your budget.
4 – We don’t like thinking about death either, but we will if it helps our clients plan for their family’s future.
Dave Jr is our expert when it comes to life insurance and he’s a pretty easy guy to talk to so give him a call, 845-778-2141. We are Hudson Valley Agents.
#LifeInsurance #InsureLocal #HudsonValleyAgents
It’s Tax Season and there are 3 things you should know about income taxes and insurance:
- This year the tax penalty for not having health insurance is 2.5% of your household income or $695 per adult and $347.50 per child, whichever is higher is the one they’ll hit you with!
- Car insurance settlements are usually not taxable.
- Life insurance payouts are not usually taxable.
There is one man who can help with your income taxes and your insurance and he happens to be in our Middletown office, David Bonne Sr. Dave Sr has decades of insurance experience and five years of income tax experience with Liberty Tax Service and he’s happy to put all of that knowledge to work for you.
Let our family help your family save time and money today! #LibertyTax #HudsonValleyAgents #insurelocal #taxseason #deathandtaxes
There are only 4 more days left in 2016, and for that we are thankful! 2016 has been the year from hell for most of America and we find ourselves looking towards 2017 with hope and a little bit of nervous laughter. 2017 will be welcomed in with hearts filled with the hope that this will be the year we actually keep our New Year’s resolutions.
Making resolutions for the new year is something we have all done and 2017 will be no exception. An impromptu poll of Hudson Valley residents (we asked our friends and family members) shows that these are the 5 most popular Hudson Valley New Year’s resolutions:
1- Lose 10 pounds
2- Save money
3- Live your best life
4- Shop locally more often
5- Become more organized
Hudson Valley Agents can help you keep 3 out of 5 of these resolutions!
- Saving money on your insurance is easy, call, click, or stop by for a free quote on all of your insurance needs. We work with many insurance companies that offer competitive rates and many of them are located on the east coast.
- We love to shop local and we really love to insure local! We work with several Hudson Valley-based insurance companies as well as companies based in New York state. We also offer affordable insurance coverage for small businesses throughout the state. You can always #insurelocal with us!
- Organizing your insurance policies is easy with our free app for iPhone and Android users! Finding your policies, making claims, making payments, even finding your car in a crowded parking lot just became a whole lot easier.
#HudsonValleyAgents #NewYearsresolutions #insurelocal
Dave Sr is the only person we know of who happens to be tougher than death or taxes. His work with Prudential Life Insurance was, wait for it, legendary! Just check this out –
Dave Sr is our health insurance, life insurance, and tax preparation expert and he’s here to put his decades of insurance and income tax knowledge to work for you right here at Hudson Valley Agents.
#HudsonValleyAgents #insurelocal #LibertyTax #lifeinsurance #healthinsurance