The Covid-19 pandemic has brought many changes to the Hudson Valley’s small businesses, none of them good. Every dollar counts right now, and we want to help you save even more money. We know that you hear things like this all of the time from insurance commercials, but we aren’t trying to save you money by bundling your auto and home coverage. We are a small business just like you, and we know a thing or two about insurance.
Let’s look at a few of the things that could help your 2021 budget.
- Has your employee count changed? Have you had to furlough/downsize/fire anyone during the pandemic? We can review your current worker’s comp and disability coverage to ensure that you aren’t overpaying.
- Have you added things like outdoor heaters, tents, outdoor seating? All of these items should be added to your coverage. Doing this might slightly increase your rates, but you will be able to replace them if damaged.
- Have you give up your storefront and are operating solely from your home residence? Did you remember to cancel the policy covering your retail space? Did you call your agent to inquire how these changes impact your business insurance needs and the possible savings?
- Do you have a business partner? Do you both have Key Person Life Insurance policies? Yes, this is an expense, not savings, but hear us out. Can you afford to keep your business going if your partner passes away? This coverage ensures that the doors can stay open. You buy life insurance because you want your family to survive financially. You buy key person coverage because you want your business to survive financially.
But the most important thing that you should do to help with your business insurance costs is this- call your insurance agent.
Restaurants and Contractors are examples of businesses that can benefit from talking to an independent insurance agent. Here’s why. Their insurance rates are based on different things: sales, number of employees, square feet of space you are occupying. Or total annual payroll. If your sales have dropped or you are now working with a skeleton crew, call your agent and request a policy review. These reviews can bring you refunds and/or lower rates.
Hudson Valley Agents has 30 years of insurance knowledge and 24/7 phone service, all waiting to help your business stay in business. Call today for a free insurance review or a free quote 845-78-2141. You can also use our secure dedicated link http://business-insurance.link/ Shop local, hire local, and insure local!
Hi there Hudson Valley!
Small businesses like ours can help fuel local economies. But for a lot of us, times are tough right now.
In light of recent events, many local businesses are modifying their hours and the ways they serve their communities. Some are even closing our doors altogether. Here’s how you can help make a difference.
Shop online or call. Whether you’re buying a one-of-a-kind find from your favorite vintage store or toilet paper from your local pharmacy, visit their online shop – it’s always open.
Order delivery or pickup. Your favorite meal spot may not be open for table service – but they might deliver curbside or right to your door. Who said social distancing couldn’t be delicious?
- Buy a gift card to use later. Show support now and treat yourself later; your timely purchase could make a difference.
Our small businesses are a large part of what makes the Hudson Valley such a wonderful place to live. Support them now, and they’ll be there to support our communities later. #weareallinthistogether #supportlocal #HudsonValleyStrong