If you always carry an umbrella with you you are automatically protected from unexpected rain or snow storms, and that is always a good thing. If your business has a commercial umbrella policy from Hudson Valley Agents then your business is protected from the unexpected and that’s a really good thing!
A CGL (commercial general liability) policy is one part of your BOP (Business Owner Policy) covers these 3 things:
- Property damage liability & bodily injury liability coverage
- Advertising injury & Personal injury
- Medical payments
A CGL will usually only pay out up to $1,000,000 and that may or may not cover you in the event of a lawsuit. If you have a commercial umbrella policy that 1 million can become as high as 5 million!
A commercial umbrella policy will not cover things like:
- Pollution Liability
- Liquor Liability
- Directors & Officers Liability
If you have questions about BOP’s, CGL’s, Commercial Umbrella coverage, or Commercial Auto insurance, please contact Kathy or Dave Jr at 845-778-2141. #insurelocal #HudsonValleyAgents #HudsonValley #businessinsurance #assetprotection
Every office should be lucky enough to have someone like Kathy Livingston. Kathy has been with Hudson Valley Agents since they opened their doors in 1990 and we hope she stays until at least 3220!
This isn’t Kathy’s first bio-blog (& it won’t be her last either!), so this time we had to give her questions that she was not expecting:
1- How long have you lived in the Hudson Valley? 40 years
2- What is your favorite place to visit in the Hudson Valley? The Christmas Tree Shop & Mt Alvernia
3- How long have you been in the insurance biz? 26 years
4- What’s your favorite song? It’s a hymn “Go make a difference”
5- What’s your favorite movie? Romeo and Juliette
6 – If someone made a movie of your life who would play you? Sally Field
7- What is the best part of your day at HVA? When people thank us for saving them money and taking good care of them
Kathy is our office manager, and single-handedly runs our commercial lines. Stop by our Walden office and say Hi one day, find out why we are the Hudson Valley’s best independent insurance agency!
#employeeappreciationday #insurelocal #HudsonValleyAgents
Please join us in welcoming Philip Bender-Tymon to the HVA family! Philip is an Ulster county resident with firm ties to his community, he is currently the Director of Communications for the Kingston Uptown Business Association and his husband is a local business owner. Philip has an extensive background in communications and problem solving, and is looking forward to putting those skills to work for our clients.
We were worried that Philip might find the world of an independent insurance agency a little slow compared to his previous life in corporate America, but he assures us that this is not the case,”I’m having a way better time meeting one-on-one with current and future clients and helping them to protect the things they love and treasure. Not having to set my alarm to 4 a.m. for a conference call to China is a huge bonus.”.
You can contact Philip at our Walden office, 845-778-2141 or via email email@example.com. Remember to eat locally, shop locally, play locally, and insure locally with Hudson Valley Agents!
#welcometothefamily #HudsonValleyAgents #insurelocal
If you’re reading this then you’re probably already on our website, why not take a moment to click on our Online Defensive Driving class? Taking, and passing, a defensive driving class can reduce your car insurance by 10% and you become eligible for ticket point reduction, which could remove as many as 4 points from your license (which also lowers your insurance rates… just sayin). The savings can be applied to your motorcycle insurance as well as commercial auto insurance too! The course costs $33 and can be taken while wearing your bathrobe and slippers, how easy is that? #savemoneyoncarinsurance #insurelocal #HudsonValleyAgents
Are you a realtor, home appraiser, or pizza delivery person? If you are, you probably have questions about commercial auto policies vs personal auto policies and the insurance companies that allow some commercial use on a personal auto policy. This infographic should help, but one phone call to Kathy or Ashley (845-778-2141) can get you further info and a free quote too! #commercialautoinsurance #personalautoinsurance #insurelocal #HudsonValleyAgents
Happy Monday Hudson Valley! The sky is overcast, the temperature has dropped significantly, Hudson Valley Weather is forecasting anywhere between 2 to 8 inches of snow, and it’s all supposed to start just before the 5 O’Clock commute home. Not cool Mother Nature, not cool at all. It has been a while since we’ve had a major snowfall so we thought it was time for some tips to make your afternoon commute safer.
The 7 Winter driving tips below come from personal experience.
1- 4-Wheel drive does NOTHING when driving on ice.
2- Stewarts will still have eggs, bread, and milk so there is no need to speed.
3- Steering into the direction of a skid actually works.
4- Smooth starts and stops make all the difference when driving in the snow. Avoid jamming on the brake or gas pedals if you’re able.
5- STAY OFF OF THE PHONE! Text friends and family before you leave and give them your route information, if something should happen they’ll know where to send help.
6- Avoid the Taconic State Parkway
7- You might be an excellent driver in the snow but there are others who are not. Stay off of the roads unless you really have to go somewhere.
For further information about winter driving check out safercar.gov, and for affordable car insurance rates call Ashley at Hudson Valley Agents (845-778-2141). Drive safe and insure local! #drivesafe #insurelocal #HudsonValleyAgents
There are only 4 more days left in 2016, and for that we are thankful! 2016 has been the year from hell for most of America and we find ourselves looking towards 2017 with hope and a little bit of nervous laughter. 2017 will be welcomed in with hearts filled with the hope that this will be the year we actually keep our New Year’s resolutions.
Making resolutions for the new year is something we have all done and 2017 will be no exception. An impromptu poll of Hudson Valley residents (we asked our friends and family members) shows that these are the 5 most popular Hudson Valley New Year’s resolutions:
1- Lose 10 pounds
2- Save money
3- Live your best life
4- Shop locally more often
5- Become more organized
Hudson Valley Agents can help you keep 3 out of 5 of these resolutions!
- Saving money on your insurance is easy, call, click, or stop by for a free quote on all of your insurance needs. We work with many insurance companies that offer competitive rates and many of them are located on the east coast.
- We love to shop local and we really love to insure local! We work with several Hudson Valley-based insurance companies as well as companies based in New York state. We also offer affordable insurance coverage for small businesses throughout the state. You can always #insurelocal with us!
- Organizing your insurance policies is easy with our free app for iPhone and Android users! Finding your policies, making claims, making payments, even finding your car in a crowded parking lot just became a whole lot easier.
#HudsonValleyAgents #NewYearsresolutions #insurelocal
Contact Kathy or Dave Jr for further information on cyber liability and business owners policies (BOP) – 845-778-2141
You do not have to go online to insure your car, boat, or motorcycle with one of the big insurance companies like Liberty Mutual or Progressive Insurance! I mean you can, but why? Hudson Valley Agents can do everything an online insurance company can do, and then some.
Let’s talk about the differences between getting your car insurance directly from the company versus purchasing car insurance through Hudson Valley Agents:
DIRECTLY FROM THE COMPANY
- You can shop for car insurance from your couch
- Quick and convenient
- Online bill pay
- Helpful free app
- No assistance comparing previous coverage to current coverage
- No way to know if another company would be cheaper
- Does not come with an “insurance speak” translator
- No way to know if you are under insured or over insured
- Good customer service
HUDSON VALLEY AGENTS
- You still do not have to leave your couch
- Also quick and convenient
- Same access to online bill pay
- We have a free app too, bill pay, claims, find your car, and more
- We put our decades of insurance knowledge to work helping you choose the best coverage for your insurance needs
- We work with 20 different insurance companies, some of which are located right here in the Hudson Valley, and we do the rate shopping for you. By the way, we also write insurance through those same big online companies like Progressive Insurance and Liberty Mutual.
- We eat, sleep, and dream in insurance speak, and we know how to translate it too
- Finding you the right coverage is what we do best
- We offer an excellent customer experience
- We can accept payments at either of our two locations (Walden or Middletown) Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm, and we usually have candy at our desks (just saying…)
Progressive Insurance and Hudson Valley Agents are working together to bring the best auto insurance to everyone in the Hudson Valley! Find out what makes us different, call, click or stop in today.
Has an employee ever used their own car to run errands for your small business? #insurelocal #smallbusinessinsurance #HudsonValleyAgents