CALLING ALL CONTRACTORS – Hudson Valley Agents can provide you with certificates of insurance quickly, and we’ll make sure you have the coverage you need at great prices!
All contractors need insurance, plumbing, electrical, construction, even dog trainers and that is the subject of today’s blog post. What types of insurance coverage does an independent contractor need? Well, that depends on what type of independent contractor you happen to be, an independent caterer needs product and liquor liability coverage, but an electrician does not. A typical independent contractor should carry –
– Professional Liability Coverage – aka errors and omission insurance. This policy protects you should any mistakes be made that cost your client money.
– Workers Compensation – If you have employees this is a must have policy.
– Commercial Auto – If you have a work truck that you use exclusively for business then insure it as such.
– Independent Contractors Liability Insurance – This policy has many sub-categories such as: general liability coverage, property damage, contract liability, bodily injury, advertising personal injury, contract liability and completed operations and product. It is really important to talk with an independent insurance agent about this policy to ensure that all of your needs are covered.
– Business Owners Policy – Many aspects of your independent contractors liability insurance can be combined with other insurance coverage to create an individualized business owners policy (aka BOP) and this could earn you a significant discount on your insurance coverage.
The best way to make sure all of your insurance needs are covered is to talk to an independent insurance agent. Any gaps in insurance coverage could be catastrophic to your business and you work too hard to have that happen. Hudson Valley Agents is the Hudson Valley’s contractor insurance expert and we can get you your insurance certificates quickly and efficiently. Time = Money and your time is too valuable to wait for anything! Call Hudson Valley Agents today 778-2141.