Buying a used car can be time-consuming and, let’s face it, stressful. Today’s blog post can help make purchasing a used car a little easier, just follow these 6 tips –
- If the car smells funny, do not buy it! That funky smell could be mold. Smelly trunks and upholstery can be a sign of water damage; you do not want to buy any car with water damage.
- Find out how much you can spend before you go car shopping. There’s no sense in falling in love with a Tesla if you can only afford a Honda.
- Take a longer than usual test drive. Driving the car on the highway, regular roads, hills, and sharp curves can help you get a better idea of how the car handles. Does it struggle to go up hills? Does it start to shimmy when you hit 45 mph? Do not buy someone else’s problem.
- Research the type of car you want and how much it is worth. Check the Kelly Blue Book for information on all types of vehicles and their resale value.
- Make sure the type of car you are interested in buying isn’t going to raise your insurance rates.
- Take advantage of the Carfax!
Shopping for a used car can be difficult, shopping for an affordable car insurance rate doesn’t have to be. Hudson Valley Agents is here to help, we work with many insurance companies, some of them are even located right here in the Hudson Valley, and can find you excellent insurance coverage at an affordable rate. Contact Ashley at 845-778-2141 and #insurelocal with HVA!