3 Types of insurance every college student needs

3 types of ins college students

Are you one of the many Hudson Valley parents who are busily helping their teen get ready for their first year away at college?  Do not forget to contact your insurance agent before they leave the nest!  Making sure that your son or daughter has the right insurance coverage before they leave home can bring you real peace of mind.  Most college students need these 3 types of insurance coverage-

  • Health Insurance.  If your son or daughter is not on your current health insurance plan, then you must purchase health insurance for them.  Most colleges offer a health insurance plan if yours does not, please give us a call.
  • Renters Insurance.  Contact your insurance professional, do not just assume that laptops, tablets, and jewelry are covered by your homeowner’s insurance.
  • Car Insurance.  If your son or daughter is going to school out of state and leaving their car at home, you might qualify for a discounted insurance rate.  Speak to your insurance professional if your son or daughter is going to school out of state and bringing their car with them to find out if there are any changes that need to be made.

Hudson Valley Agents can help with all of your insurance needs and we now have a free app for iPhones and Android, call 845-778-2141 today!  #insurelocal  #hudsonvalleyagents